EACH PLAYER WILL EXPERIENCE
- A safe and positive, development-focused environment in which to grow.
- Knowledgeable, Coaches committed to the long-term development of their players.
- The development of a deep appreciation and respect for competition and the game of soccer.
- Development of the skills, tactics, and strategies to be successful over the long term.
- Being an important part of a team.
- Having lots of fun at training and games.
Recreational soccer is that soccer program that is primarily devoted to the enjoyment and development of soccer players without the emphasis on travel or high level competition. The purpose of recreational soccer is to provide an opportunity for the participants to have fun, learn the sport and develop life skills including a lifelong love of the game.
Other ideas come into play. Recreational Player – a player who is randomly assigned to a team without regard to his/her abilities and skills. Recreational Team – teams formed randomly to play soccer. Fun! – It is critical that players involved in youth soccer enjoy the game in which they are playing.
In Florida, we define recreational soccer as inexpensive soccer programs created for fun, exercise and development of all young players in environments where competition is firmly deemphasized. Individual players all play for different reasons, but a successful recreational soccer program must effectively encompass all three major elements of fun, healthy exercise and learning.
US Youth Soccer TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based training and team placement program for young athletes with disabilities, organized by youth soccer association volunteers. The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any boy or girl, who has a mental or physical disability. The goal of the program is to enable the thousands of young athletes with disabilities to become valued and successful members of the US Youth Soccer family.